The extra bits...(Under construction).

Saturday, 28 September 2013

So here I am doing a 12 hour night shift after a bloody long journey back from that suburban sprawling monster called London. Now if I wasn't depressed before my brief visit the capital city of this kingdom I bloody well am now. Now I may be just from a small town in Wales but at least I have some idea of how to conduct myself. But in our cosmopolitan and supposedly vibrant capital I have never seen so much rudeness, self preservation not to mention the lack of the simplest of common courtesy. Not one bugger down there gives way, says please, thank you, good day or kiss my arse. I have never encountered such a miserable and down trodden collection of lost souls in my life. If this is what living in the big city does to humanity then you stuff it where the sun doesn't shine! One glimmer of light from this visit....I was accosted in the street by a pleasant enough young lady from 'friends of the earth', of which apparently I'm now a member....which is nice. Oh and I also got some more ink on my flesh after a dinner time visit to some seedy shop....just some script to remind me of something when the fog is crawling its way around my soul...two words only....... Small Steps.

14 comments:

  1. As long as you are happy with the outcome of the ink on your flesh John and they did a good clean job of it.
    B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes we need to rise above the apparent discourtesy of our population...indeed there are many miserable looking souls trudging around our little isle...but do you know what I do, I smile, even if it's someone passing I'm the street who makes the briefest of eye contact, and often I will get a smile back! Because do you know what, life is generally hard and it drags each and every one of us down in different ways, at different times and for different reasons...I saw this quote just recently and it just sums everything up for me, "let your smile change the world, not the world change your smile".
    JM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, that's exactly how I've always felt following a visit to London. I had a friend who used to live there then got out as soon as she could, and she says she met lots of Londoners who seemed addicted to the adrenaline rush of having to fight their way around and survive another day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And that is exactly why I upsticks and left london two years ago, never looking back......

    ReplyDelete
  5. JM
    I like that...smiling at strangers, actually made me smile

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laura
    Yes just too many folks fighting to go nowhere. Not for this bumkin...

    ReplyDelete
  7. .FL
    I bet you haven't, just so stifling there....couldn't wait to be on the road back to N. Wales

    ReplyDelete
  8. All
    Thank you for taking the time to read and to comment :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just stumbled into your blog/life. I have built a bubble around me, one that I can look out of if I choose or not look out of as I choose. I work in a Jail full time and in a Hospital part time and see a lot of rough things that make my life and problems seem simple.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Dave,
    When you say 'bubble' is that to protect yourself or for some other reason? By the way your photography is excellent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I am not good with words...
      My Bubble is to protect myself and to help me realise that I did not creat all the problems I see, I can't fix others them most of the time. So my bubble is around myself and those I can help letting me focus on them and not the entire picture. If that makes sense?

      Delete
    2. It does make sense and gives me something perhaps to focus on.

      Delete
  11. What ink did you have? Must have been important if you had it done in a backstreet shop! I don't think I'd have taken the risk!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It says at the end of the post....small steps
    As for risk? seemed a reasonable tattoo place and it certianly is not my first ink

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment but no blaspheming now...