The extra bits...(Under construction).

Wednesday, 25 December 2013

15 00

    Well hello one and all and I hope that Santa brought you all that you deserved over this festive time. It's about this time, as the year draws to its wintery close, that thoughts drift to mistakes made and new resolutions for the coming year ahead. If I were to list mistakes made then this post would take days to upload even upon the swiftest of broadband connections and as to new resolutions? 

    Well there was a time in which my word was my bond and I stuck steadfastly to whatever I'd promised. These days my word lasts as long as it takes to utter the syllables that make it up, Therefore I think my first resolution for the coming year is to stay true to my word.

    Then there is my lifestyle, or lack of it some may rightly say, where I have given scant regard to this living planet and lived in excess and waste. With this in mind I resolve in the coming year to indeed change my ways and become more mindful and caring of the effect that I have on this living planet known as Earth.

   Thoughts spring to mind of the pain and harm I have done to others through my dark days. Now I'm nowhere near clear of the dark cloud above me but the pain and harm caused to others must stop and with no exceptions to boot.

    Then there is my own well being, or lack of it to be truthful. So there are a couple of things to be done to improve this standing in the health stakes, both for body and for my broken mind. I wish to lose 20% of my body mass, to set up home with the woman I have come to love, write more about my journey and to walk the legs off the one known as Bramble Bear....small things yes, but these targets will, if achieved, change my life forever.

    Maybe not much of a 'bucket list' I grant you but from acorns..... So what changes and with what resolve do hope to make them in the coming year?

John



9 comments:

  1. Hi John ..may the New Year bring you peace, good health and contentment.
    I hope that you find the happiness you have been searching for and are able to move ahead with small steps in the future.
    Take care " Merry Christmas"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi john. Merry Christmas! I hope the coming year finds peace for you! Is the special lady you've fallen in love with the same one from a previous post (lost chance) I do hope for you that your life becomes a much better place and you start to enjoy the beautiful things it has to offer! Take care and good luck with setting up your new home, all the best for 2014.
    Cc

    ReplyDelete
  3. "You will have significant experiences.
    I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things.
    Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful.
    Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience."
    --Gordon B. Hinckley, 2006


    ReplyDelete
  4. Commendable goals, John. Wishing you the best of luck with them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't like New Year's resolutions, i prefer to think about what i'd like to do around my birthday.

    Still, i see that i need to have more balance in my life than i do currently. A better mix of solitude and mingling with others, more exercise, less sitting. Less fat, more muscle.

    I have greater success when i make a smaller list and do those few things faithfully, than a litany of tasks. In those cases, i tend to feel overwhelmed and unsure of where to start.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a good list of aims to me and I think your doggy friend will be really happy with the walking one.
    I'm still contemplating things that may need tweaking in my life, maybe I need to do less thinking and more doing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't look back John, take your experience and move forward. Do what you can, share what you have and take what you need. Happy New Year to you, best wishes :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you can achieve even just one of those goals you are winning. Keep at it - thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. There's nothing like the start of a new year to bring to mind what is important to us and what changes we have to make to achieve the things that make us happy. Of all the goals on your list John I would say stay true to your word and hold on to the woman you love at all cost. Cherish that love, that bond between two people, nurture it and let it grow, then everything else will fall into place.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment but no blaspheming now...