The extra bits...(Under construction).

Sunday, 12 January 2014

14:12

After the excesses of the festive season Tis strangely reassuring to be able to sit back and take stock. As my last post revealed I have already set my mind to living a life, albeit a simple one, and stop letting past actions load my mind with guilt and self loathing. In my previous life, before my mind was broken, before I spent so many months living like a vagrant and before all the pain that I caused to the people most dear to me, I used to walk the hills with my canine companion 'lucy'. It was here I found peace of sorts and a connection to mother earth not felt before or since. So, in keeping with my previous post, myself and now with the Bear have once again stepped out on quieter trails in the hope of regaining a small part of what was lost.








Has it helped? Well I guess the answer I have to give you is that I think so. My body is certainly now knackered and aches after clocking up some miles in the hills and the solitude allowed my damaged mind to rest for a while. The Bear certainly appreciated it and my appetite has been wetted for more. Time will tell if my mind will heal a little and let me continue upon this journey. I'll tell you what, I'll keep you posted. 

John 


10 comments:

  1. Nature can get into your bones and soothe you in a way nothing else can, I hope you start to feel that when you are out on your walks. Lovely photo's, and a happy looking canine friend there :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed the feelings that mother nature can bring when you immerse yourself in her world can be truly a source of wonder and of healing.
      Thank you for your kind words Dreamer.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful photographs of stunning countryside. I find being out in the countryside and finding myself at one with nature is a real help, exhausting my body helps my mind relax and find peace (of sorts). The problem is finding within me the motivation to get out there. You have found that, which is a great step.
    Dan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dan,
      Tis a hard thing to do, finding the motivation to raise my arse off the chair when my mind fails me once again. But once out there the rewards are yours to be harvested and, as you say, an exhausted body can help turn off the mind and ill thoughts for a span.
      Thank you for your words.

      Delete
  3. Lovely photo's John, and it looks like Bear really enjoys a swim! There's nothing like a bit of solitude now and then to help still the mind, maybe I should take a leaf out of your book and try it myself but am lacking a little motivation myself right now. I truly hope that your journey remains a positive one and that it takes you down the path of peace and happiness.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jen,
      It sometimes takes a massive about of will power to change and to try to put things right, and with the fear of letting people you love down when you slide backwards always seems to hold you back. I keep trying to remind myself not to look at what could have been but at what should be, doesn't always work but with such small steps it's at least a start.

      Delete
  4. Just a thought John...I read this quote the other day that stuck in my mind which may give you pause for thought..."Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. So love the people who treat you right and forget about the one's who don't. And believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance - take it. If it changes your life - let it. Nobody said it would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it."
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that indeed is a quote to take the time to think about and digest, many thanks again Jen

      Delete
  5. Excellent perspective both in the thoughts and the photos, John. Help is on the wind, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Casey,
      Thanks for the words my friend, by the way my email has changed since we last wrote tis now:-

      wooly2165@outlook.com

      Hopefully you'll write soon, a lot of catching up to do my brother.

      Delete

Feel free to comment but no blaspheming now...