The extra bits...(Under construction).

Friday, 21 March 2014

The Chits...

I  Well I guess it's time for an allotment update before I head to the lakes in an attempt to reduce my girth and clear my cluttered mind a tad. 

     I've actually got quite a bit done within the few hours spare I had this week. I've finished clearing paths, the leaf mould bin is complete and I've dug about half of the first bed removing copious amounts of nettle, dandelion, skutch grass and the like. I have got my earlies and seconds chitting, sown runner beans and sweet corn in those funny little pots that are supposed to degrade. So all in all tis coming on, slowly but surely. 


Chitterlings 

More to come.. 



     Well guess that just about covers all things plotting. Till next time take care.

John

13 comments:

  1. Oh by the way me n Bear have decided no phone, no TV nor radio this weekend. Just fresh air, simple food and the occasional cider....tally bloody ho!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent plans for the weekend! This post here reminds me to get my ass in gear - the snow is melting quick and I don't have any plans drawn up. The chickens have taken over my garden area, and I need to come up with something else.

    I've had issues with the radio lately, too. Seems I've heard it all before and far too much. So - maybe I'll do the same over here this weekend. There is no way to go wrong living like a hobbit for a bit. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weekend as a Hobbit certainly given me focus.

      Delete
  3. Good to hear that your allotment is getting lots of TLC, John. I planted my seed potatoes last week. This year I chitted them in 'front room'. Last year I didn't bother and they still grew. I look forward to reading about your break in the lakes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Update on lakes to be posted soon Dave

      Delete
  4. Enjoy your break with Bear, sounds like you have earned it with the work you have been getting through on the allotment :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to leave the world behind for a time dreamer

      Delete
  5. How do you get to do the washing-up, or do you have someone come in to lick everything?

    I can't be bothered with spuds, they're so cheap in big bags that I let others do the graft. I'm hoping to get my red onions in this weekend (or next week).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, hope it's glorious ! ( not judging by the hail that just woke me ) but enjoy it anyway :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good weather, good food and aches in all the right places Rach

      Delete
  7. Sounds good to me, bottoms up bud

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome aboard Captain,
      Indeed it was good to claim the inner turmoil, even for a while

      Delete

Feel free to comment but no blaspheming now...