The extra bits...(Under construction).

Sunday, 4 May 2014

Task 4 of 52

     
     Well after an all too short break from the grind tis time to assess what I've achieved in regards to my 52 tasks and knock number 4 off the list.... 

     Should I use the completion of the new compost bay on allotment 2a? Nah that would rob me of an allotment update, although tis a damned sexy compost bay even if I do dare say so myself. Perhaps I could mention that I've actually cleared of debris, cleaned and polished flat cap man's car? Nah no point in trying to pass off such a blatant lie as that. Perhaps the walk to the Blue lagoon t'other day? Nope no decent pictures cept one of a very muddy Bear and that's nothing new. Mmmmm I'm not entirely sure that I have actually achieved anything that could indeed be truthfully classed as 4 of 52..... bugger! 


Frankinstine's monster?
      Ah but there is a little something, maybe it's not a great deal for most of you, it's just that I've gone through a whole week, 7 days, 168 hours or 10,080 seconds whichever you prefer, of not one moment of wishing that the Black dog would stop stalking me, of not contemplating curling into a foetal ball and letting life just pass me by and forget I exist, not once thinking that the world would be a far better place without me, not letting past pain and guilt stop raising my head and looking forward instead of back. So a whole 52th of a year of positive negatives if you see what I mean. Yes the Dark canine still lurks, probably always will to be honest,  but to have such a week is indeed a milestone and one definitely worthy, in my opinion, of being ticked off as number 4 of 52. 

Till the next bit of drivel, take good care of yourselves. 

John. 

11 comments:

  1. Drivel can be very informative if one can detect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This will serve as a useful post at some point I'm sure- proof that you can do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks CT, small steps can finish any journey.

      Delete
  3. Any particular reason for your slightly more cheerful disposition Mr Wooldridge? X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh perhaps I'm not alone in this after all, certainly feeling better for having shared some precious time with a beautiful soul x

      Delete
  4. Baby steps, baby steps. I found your blog from Going Gently a little while ago. I've read your blog from the beginning and even though I don't now you I have noticed in the last little while your post seem to be more up beat. Maybe the allotment is working wonders for your soul. I'm a little confused, when you refer to 'flat cap man' are you talking about your dad or someone else?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janice, thank you for your kind words and welcome aboard. Flat cap man's car describes my present mode of transport which outwardly resembles something driven by old gits wearing flat caps and tweed jackets, you know the ones which that faux leather elbow patches. Though inwardly tis a bit of a beast but don't tell.

      Delete
  5. Wonderful positive progress John, hope you have many more days ahead just like those x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Liz, I have a feeling there are many more to come.

      Delete
  6. Good to hear you have made such progress John. Such a positive post.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment but no blaspheming now...