The extra bits...(Under construction).

Sunday, 11 May 2014

Task 5 of 52....

      Firstly allow me to thank you for you kind words and support, some comments I couldn't publish because of the personal nature of them but all were welcome. 

      As you probably gathered from my last post there has been a step backwards in my struggle for peace in my life and I needed to step away for a short time to give my confusion and pain space to settle. I've just now returned from the lakes where simple food, far too much cider and some beautiful trails were all consumed with Bear in tow.





Flat cap man's car 





      As for task 5?, well I've been after a genuinely waterproof and windproof heavier coat for ages and as the outdoor shops were clearing the winter stock which some excellent reductions I've gone and purchased one that I think fits the bill. It had plenty of use in the days I was away so look out for a review coming your way soon. 

     The words on a sign in one of the outdoor shops certainly hit the spot yesterday and gave me something to think on....."happiness is not a goal to be achieved, it is a way of life". Till the next time take care. 

John 

16 comments:

  1. I'd certainly agree with your last paragraph.

    Lovely photos, beautiful area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cro, tis a place I could happily settle in me thinks.

      Delete
  2. You should have got in there with bear:-). A couple of weeks ago a guy was talking about the benefits of wild swimming and how it helps him with depression. Sounds dangerous to me though so maybe not

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny enough Captain tis something I've thought about but still not brave enough.

      Delete
  3. welcome back.
    lovely countryside.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous photos, hope you are doing ok. Dan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back . Beautiful photos. I hope the lake district worked some of its magic and you feel a little better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Robin, some magic wove which means I can face the day

      Delete
  6. Beautiful photo's John. Bear is very photogenic and always looks like a good time has been had - usually involving water - I think she and Jake would get along well on that score!
    Look forward to reading about your jacket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She'd be knackered without any water on a walk ;-)

      Delete
  7. I always look for your blog posts, John. Snowdonia is also wonderful and a lot closer. Great photos like they always are. How's the allotment doing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Dave, Snowdonia is truly wonderful but sometimes it's the distance that helps too, the allotment? checked on it tonight on the way back from work and it's a mass of yellow buttercups around the cider trees at the moment.

      Delete
  8. What a georgous place to go to spend some tie with yourself. I imagine it makes a bit of grounding so much more easier to achieve.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome aboard Tony, being in such beautiful place does help settle the mind.

      Delete

Feel free to comment but no blaspheming now...