The extra bits...(Under construction).

Thursday, 28 August 2014

Out there with no chafing ....

     Just incase certain fellow bloggers think that I'm slacking in my efforts to improve my physical health just because of my recent encounter with the Black Dog, you know who you are!, I thought that I'd better let you all have an up date and prove that I'm still giving it a go.....

     Crisps have now been successfully banished from the menu and now so has cheese (god that is so hard), smaller plates have been obtained as portion size is reduced, takeaway has been put on hold though I do have to admit to having a very nice garlic n chilli special on last night's shift but only with boiled rice and none of the usual starter bucket of crispy chicken and today instead of the usual mopsing around the abode after said night shift I bit the bullet and headed to Nercwys forest with Bramble in tow. 

     I'm still far to fat to get into my array of outdoor gear and had to resort to jeans once more, although surprisingly I did find my feet still fitted into my walking sandals. Why is it no matter how fat you become shoes always fit? Anyway as well as my sandals I did have a new piece of kit which is a basic fishing shoulder bag made by Leeda, oh I can feel a couple of kit reviews coming on if this outdoor malarky keeps up. What was pleasing on the walk was that the jeans did not chafe my delicates this time around, indeed a belt was almost required, that and the fact that I didn't fall on my arse this made me feel a whole sight better!

      I was mindful of trying to pass through the woods as silent a wisp of smoke as I thought about the 'strength of silence' but still managed to make as much noise as a pissed off bull elephant dismantling a whistling steam engine that was about to blow its rivets due to being dangerously over pressured, hence no photographs of anything that can move faster than a snail that is feeling a tad under the weather. Indeed 'bollocks' was the very term that came to mind as I crept (ok barged through undergrowth) upon a dragonfly sunning itself hoping for that killer picture, I'm sure that I heard him sniggering as he took off whilst I tussled with some unruly Bramble shoots. But for the early part of the walk I managed to take a few pictures of bits and bobs hopefully giving you a feel for where I stomped today ......


Remnants of the moorland before the forest was planted in the 60's
Bear doing what comes naturally




Rosebay willowherb...see I do take notice
Rowan berry...I think

Playing with the light



      After a while though the camera was forgotten as the woods enveloped me and time slowed down. I may not passed through quietly enough to be accepted, I may have been breathing through my arse when we got back to the car and my pictures and words may indeed be a tad shoddy but bloody hell it felt damn fine the feel sun on my face, mud between my toes and the watch Bramble thrashing around the undergrowth.

Till the next time, take care...

John

22 comments:

  1. I reckon you can do a lot worse than concentrate on Bramble Bear and where she likes to go at the moment, John :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true me dear, though I'm following into some of the ditches she ploughs into!

      Delete
  2. Hi John. I've been catching up by reading some of your past blog entries. Explains a lot! Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sound much better. As for the crisps, you just have to train yourself to eat two rather than 20. From someone who's had a couple heart attacks, moderation is the key. Moderation and exercise. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Couldn't agree more Mark, though changing bad habits can be a challenge.

      Delete
  4. I had a very large green dragonfly in the house yesterday, luckily he eventually found his way out again. I've been by myself for 10 days, and actually bought myself a normally forbidden 6 pack of flavoured crisps. I shall hide the evidence before Madame returns tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I can sense a case of black mail coming on.....

      Delete
  5. Well done on the crisps and yes cheese is a balls ache.......easy peasy compared to giving up the buckets of coffee I drank though. I shook for a week I swear!

    I'm glad you pushed yourself into going for a walk and ENJOYED going in the end, they say walking is the best exercise you can do don't they? and Bear looked happy with your route choice lol.

    Keep plodding even if it feels like your stuck in treacle. A big well done from me x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've done so well with the caffeine, or lack of it, Julee, I'm not sure that I could cope with night shifts without it.

      Delete
  6. Hmm... I'm wondering if my earlier left comment even actually made it here, so I'll repeat!

    Good job on the getting out. And those are some great photos -- despite what you say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your first must still be floating in the ether somewhere me dear, thanks for trying again ;-)

      Delete
  7. Nice photos buddy. That last one is a honey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Brk, worth crawling on me belly for me thinks.

      Delete
  8. Great photo's! Can't beat walking, generates positive thoughts, and a feeling of wellbeing! Keep going john, anon x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi John ,over the past 12 months I have given up on the foods that I once liked to have and go walking 3 days a week along the beach and feel so much better for it and sometimes go bush if not to hot ...was carrying 16 kg of fluid from side effects of a medication I was on for 8 yrs ..I can now move more freely .I hope that you find your way , one day at a time. .as you once told me .
    take care *

    ReplyDelete
  10. I shall try this posting again, arrghhhhhh. yayayayayaya! you John! You know something, you have such a wonderful way of describing your journeys especially oot and aboot :) that a tourist site would be pleased to have you on board as a commentary. One never knows.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The mushroom photos are just so exquisite! (Had to come back and say it out loud... I'm not much of one for the camera -- but you should be! You've got some talent, guy.) Hope you are finding things out there to enjoy this weekend... Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cool, John. Love the fungi and Bramble pics!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely photos John - I especially like the last one - just beautiful :) Well done on getting out for the walk - hard to beat walking and enjoying the natural world for helping to encourage positive thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment but no blaspheming now...