The extra bits...(Under construction).

Monday, 11 August 2014

Viking funeral.....

 
  
     My fellow shift engineers and I will be finishing our nightshift tonight at 2am instead of the compulsory 6am. But it is not something that we are looking forward too for tomorrow we say farewell to the forth member of our team, Mike.

    Mike passed away suddenly whilst riding his cycle of a massive heart attack. The report that came back told of blocked arteries and heart disease that Mike was totally unaware of. The only blessing, I suppose, is the doctor said it would be as fast as a balloon bursting and Mike would be unaware of very little if anything at all.

     Mike was more than just a workmate, he was a damn good friend and we have had many days out away from the grind. His sense of humour was a wonder to listen too yet he had such life wisdom. Mike never shouted nor lost his rag, and was quietly spoken...but such was his presence when he spoke those around him listened. Some people are described as full of life but few were as overflowing with it as Mike. I could never do the man justice with my paltry words but I will miss him and the hole he leaves behind will never quite be filled.

       So tomorrow we travel to the city of Deva to bear witniss to the burning of Mike's earthly vessel and I pray that his essence finds peace. Later in the day Tim, Shaune and myself will quaff stupid amounts of ale, gorge ourselves on eastern cuisine and laugh out loudly as we swap tales, both tall and true, of the gentleman we were honoured to know called Mike.

Till the next time take care,

John

20 comments:

  1. I am really sorry for your loss. The love for your friend is evident and brings me to tears. He sounds a wonderful person. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hazzy, he truly was a gentle man.

      Delete
  2. Another emotional rollercoaster john
    Eh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your not wrong there John, they just keep coming.

      Delete
  3. You never know.
    Every breath is indeed precious.
    Sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It puts things in focus, thank you for your words Brk

      Delete
  4. Very sorry. That is a very stunning photo you've chosen...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you wildside. The picture kind of said it ....

      Delete
  5. He would have loved you for your obituary. All very sad, but I suspect the funeral, and post-funeral, will be a very positive affair.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Condolences Sir.

    All I can say is I hope when it is my time that it is quick as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really sorry to learn of the loss of your friend and you have written such a moving obituary which I am sure he would have loved.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Death is such awful unfinished business John. Sorry you lost your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so sorry. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My condolences for the loss of your friend, John. It's a sad thing and you just never know when they're going to shut your clock off.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shame that it hurts so much when someone we really like goes before us. It's my hope we get to meet again on the other side.

    ReplyDelete
  12. RIP Mike. Look after yourself John. Virtual hug sent x

    ReplyDelete
  13. i am sorry for the loss of your friend. if we could all be so lucky as to go so quickly, though.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment but no blaspheming now...