The extra bits...(Under construction).

Friday, 12 December 2014

Turning into my father......

     Bloody hell I am feeling my age of late, just been to the doctors today about my seemingly ever decaying knee joints and I end up getting tablets for the pain, tablets to stop the tablets for the pain upsetting my stomach (which I always considered as ironclad!), more blood tests from the local vampire nurse for a myriad of issues including a check up on my high cholesterol, anything underlying that may be causing my aches and pains and other stuff that my whirling mind failed to take in, and not forgetting the physiotherapy course I've been referred onto, Oh and not to mention that the kindly doctor talked to me about my depression and decided to up my dose of 'happy pills' as well, just when I thought that I was getting a handle on it....bugger!
    
      But apart from not able to have a decent nights sleep since I don't know when, my rapidly decaying joints which make every 12 hour shift at work a grind...literally you should hear them bones grating on one another, and makes walking the dogs basically impossible at the moment.... which is an absolute bastard because I cannot even get to the hills to release my mind from its whirling chaos that it seems to fall to more often of late, speaking of that which it seems to be once again heading towards the abyss and now I'm taking more tablets than the pharmacy holds in reserve, rattling as well as grinding with every step! the fact that I find myself complaining just like my dad about everything and anything...No, I'm not doing to bad at all....oh did I mention my glasses prescription has now been changed to Rose Tinted!!!!

     Just to leave you with the thought for the day.....



    Until the next time, take care Hobbits....

John


   

18 comments:

  1. Ha ha very apt! Age creeps up on us all John, one of my pills has just be upped (still a low dose though) as my insomnia was getting worse and I was getting more than a tad annoyed about it which in turn makes it worse! I used to love to sit with my legs tucked to the side of me, can't do that any more either. Well I suppose as long as your 'happy' pills don't make you too sleepy, maybe they will help. My other half knows what you mean though about taking pills to stop the side effect of pills. He has at last been sorted out but it took quite a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guess it's all down hill from here DC.....

      Delete
  2. Those things over there are my husbands/ those things over there are my husband's (always liked that one too).

    Have you thought about yoga/ pilates/ tai chi?

    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Head for the hills with your canine pals John. I went for a 6 mile hike today and I feel amazing - endorphins and all that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christ Dave couldn't manage 6 yards at the moment, let alone miles!

      Delete
  4. Hi John. Glad to hear you have Vampires over there too. I always refer to the blood suckers when I have to donate. When I had my last heart attack in 2005, the Cardiologist put me on 80mg of Lipitor and my cholesterol levels have been at the "good" level ever since. "Happy" pills, I've got some of them too. I've also got "Stupid" pills for when I still think I'm 35. All I can say is that it's hell getting old, but do what you can to make it better through pharmaceuticals. Grumpy, hell we're all grumpy when we get old. We just don't tolerate the BS anymore. Hang in there buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheers Mark.....Mmmm stupid pills, now there's something to try.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Getting old ain't for sissies, I've been told.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aches and pains seem to be a part of almost everyone's lives. Have you considered growing your own..... erm.... grass?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Cro, would that not be a tad naughty? Though tis a very appealing idea....

      Delete
  8. Hi John, here's a thought for you. Do you like potatoes, or taters as we call them over here? If so, try and banish them from your diet. I know I would suffer without them being of Irish stock. A friend who was so crippled he could barely walk deleted any plant from the nightshade family and now he is as fit as a fiddle. Give it a go John and soon you'll be playing reels by the bright moon light :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cheryl, you could have something there m'dear as there does seem to be some scientific knowledge backing this up. I may try cutting potatoes and tomatoes out of my diet for a month and see if there is any improvment. Thanks for taking time out to offer me some advice m'dear.

      Delete
  9. I've got flu. I need all the sympathy I can get!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh bless, though I'm sure tis not as bad as man flu m'dear.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Here's to hoping for your full and speedy recovery and complete healing. It is within your capabilities to really win this and get through the limits of your problems. Just keep a communication outside that loop. Also, do count on the support of family and friends to gather and uphold your own importance, as well as the fresh things that you bring into this life. Thanks for sharing that! All the best to you!

    Brandi Kennedy @ Restoration Counseling Boise

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment but no blaspheming now...