The extra bits...(Under construction).

Monday, 2 February 2015

Bloody hell, a hundred already!......

     Bloody hell tis my one hundredth post of drivel upon this sordid blog of mine! Firstly I must say a huge thank you to all the folk out there who take precious time from their days to read and comment upon my musings. When I sit back and take the time to contemplate things it amazes me that people from literally all over the world are able to read my thoughts as I am able to read theirs through blogging. It certainly makes the world a smaller place, or seems to at times. Several people 'met' through blogging have become friends and I've even had the pleasure of meeting one Mr. J. Grey who is as warm in the flesh as he appears thru his scribing upon his blog. There are others, Casey Harn springs immediately to mind, whom I'd love to meet up with and swap tales over a fire and a brew, perhaps a bucket list is required?

      As regular readers of my inane scribing know, I have been living with severe depression now for several years, it's probable the Black Dog has been hounding my foot falls for longer than this but it was only after finally seeking medical help that the depth of my issues slowly became visible. The support and advice that I have received here has truly helped me. I have told before of the wake of pain left by me to family and loved ones and the crushing guilt that would throw me back to the abyss just as I seemed to be reaching the surface and breaking through to 'normality'. I still hold so many regrets but now I mostly manage to keep the dog at bay, although the dips down are always around the corner, and I'm learning to stop the guilt swamping my thoughts although this is so, so hard on the darker days. But reading back thru my posts on these hallowed pages even I can see the difference, the hope even, that has started to show in my words and this is partly to do with blogging and the wonderful people here in the blogasphere, so once again I offer you all my thanks.

     So what of the next one hundred? well for a start there will be more adventures of the terrible twosome, the wildlife garden which should also help with my dark days as well as the local wildlife, of course my inevitable moaning about my decaying body, more recipes, allotment, walks through ancient woodlands, beaches kissed by the sea's rage, lonely hilltops, perhaps some gear reviews, maybe a bucket list and of course a place for others hounded by the Black Dog to come and chat and offer/receive advice or just an ear to bend. If any of you fine upstanding citizens would care to add to this list with ideas of your own feel free to do so, after all your names will be changed to protect the guilty :) So hopefully the futures bright and I hope you all enjoy visiting and leave with a smile.

     So I guess that's it for my 'landmark' post, till the next time take care.

John

49 comments:

  1. Congratulations John! You know I always enjoy checking in with you. We are a community, us bloggers, and the help and support we all offer one another is a fine thing indeed. I get so much from blogging so I am not at all surprised it helps you. Looking forward to reading more in the next 100 :o) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you m'dear, yes we are a community and blogging is certainly helpful in many aspects. From support when low to wonderful advice on all manner of subjects, I have to agree that I would sorely miss so much and so many lovely folk, like your good self, if I were to stop blogging now.

      Delete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS John.....always a pleasure to read your blogs. You have inspired me in so many ways to just keep going when things seem like they are all falling apart .Your stories , knowledge and photographs are always a pleasure to read and see . Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experiences with us .I look forward to reading many more .....all the best for now and always!
    BW ** take care

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Centenary, gosh, that does make you sound old doesn't it:) Although you might not realise it, you are remarkably gifted with words. I wonder if it is a result of an alternative happy/lighter you, forged from the darker/sadder you if you see what I mean. Or maybe you have always been gifted in this way?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bugger I'm feeling old enough as it is DC! I wouldn't say gifted, touched maybe ;), but not gifted. Thank you though for your kind and thoughtful words DC x

      Delete
  4. Hi John keep blogging,I started about 3 blogs and deleted them last year, I was recovering from B.C and depressed , but I a new blog last September, and glad I stuck with it, we are all friends and its good to talk x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that you stuck with it too, think this is my third or fourth blog and to be honest I didn't think that I'd stick it as long as I have. There has been some dark days but yes it is good having the support of other bloggers, nay friends, like yourself.

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on 100, John. I'm glad that all your blogging friends could be there when needed. Keep up the good work and I look forward to your next 100.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mark, you have stuck around for some time now....thought you might have had enough of me :)

      Delete
  6. Well done John.... Here's to the next 100.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cro....though they may be some time in coming

      Delete
  7. I look forward to reading your next hundred, John. Especially the fishing and allotment posts! Well done that man!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Dave, thought you'd plump for them.

      Delete
  8. Congrats on your first hundred!

    ReplyDelete
  9. John I must be suffering from some sort of winter mind block.
    I though this post was about you being 100.
    You do a wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Brk, though I'm only bloody fifty this year ;)

      Delete
  10. I think with growing stuff, walking in woods and on beaches and cooking you have all bases covered! ( I would just add books and reading to the list and that would be the perfect scenario)
    Congrats on 100 posts and here's to many more in the future

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you know what, I haven't sat down and read a good book in so long I can't remember the last time that I did! Me thinks that I'll have to remedy this m'dear...thank you x

      Delete
  11. Congratulations John - always a pleasure to see a new post from you!
    Look forward to reading the next 100.

    ReplyDelete
  12. happy 100th to you! and cheers to many more!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well done on your 100 posts John, I look forward to reading your next 100. I'm also looking forward to watching your wildlife garden develop and don't forget your fab recipes
    Twiggy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Twiggy.....I'm hoping that the wildlife garden will flourish this year.

      Delete
  14. Thank you John, for some great posts. And just so you know, you have helped me without knowing it on some of my own dark days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome.....and I'm glad that my ramblings have helped, kind of makes it all worthwhile.

      Delete
  15. Congratulations John - here's to the next 100 posts and looking forward to hearing about your wildlife garden, allotment and dogs too - take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is high on my list that I should touch the soils and shores of the Welsh, and I am counting on you to show me some trailheads. And to make sure that I drink a cider or two of Wale's finest at a small, quiet, out of the way pub! I'll give you fair warning -

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fair warning received my friend, it'll be a race to see who lands in who's backyard first ;)

      Delete
  17. Congratulations on your 100th post and as Cro said, I look forward to reading many more from you. I love some of your phrases, eg walking along beaches kissed by the sea's rage" and found myself smiling as I came to the end of your post. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I can make folk smile then mission accomplished Sarah

      Delete
  18. Congratulations John. I so enjoy reading your posts and look forward to the next 100 posts especially reading about the progress on the wildlife garden :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Robin, I hope that I don't disapoint you.

      Delete
  19. congratulations on reaching a milestone. I hope you feel a bit better with every passing day.

    Gill in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Milestone John! I hope you find (as I do) that writing blog posts is a form of therapy. I do not know that I am any better, but at least I can write out what I am thinking and feeling instead of keeping it in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you TB, indeed I do find the writing of great help and I am beginning to see a change for the better in my musings, hopefully reflecting a change in myself.

      Delete
    2. It should be more visible to you (as it is to me) as you look over time. It is amazing the change you can see over time when it is recorded.

      Delete
    3. I agree with you TB, many times I have thought of jacking this blog but now, with the changes starting to show I'm glad I didn't.

      Delete
  21. Take my word for it: gardening helps to keep those black dogs at bay. It is why I love Summer so and detest Winter. Once you get your hands in that dirt and see what can happen....it is like a balm. I can't explain it. It just works.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even though my knowledge of gardening is small I have to agree with you Maria that it is certainly a grand type of therapy. Love the way you describe the dirt as a 'balm' m'dear.

      Delete
  22. Congratulations on your 100th post. I'm sure creating your wildlife patch will be beneficial to you and also to the wildlife that it will attract. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you Sarah.... even just the planning of it I find soothing, though there is so much to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wooooooooo hoooooooooo, congratulations John! Tis rather neat you have so many blog mates from all over the world who care about cha. One day at a time and soon spring will be there in all it's warmth and sunshine. Good on yee laddie. :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment but no blaspheming now...