The extra bits...(Under construction).

Thursday, 26 February 2015

The wanderer returneth.........

     Good evening fellow bloggers and I crave your understanding for my lack of posting or commenting upon your far more worthy blogs than my own. If you read (and took notice) of my last entry you will know of the worries that Bertha (my faithful car) was giving me and that she had gone to a local garage and placed in dry dock to be hopefully sorted, but more of Bertha in a tad. 

     Whilst Bertha wallowed in self pity (yes cars have feelings too) we headed to Ambleside in the Lake district. I'm extremely pleased to be able to report that,despite being a little sceptical about my knees being able to support my rotund body on the hills, two fine walks were managed in the area around Grasmere. Although completely knackered on the return home the break was refreshing and just what I needed after the building pressure of work lately.

     We returned home yesterday to the news that Bertha was all better and ready to be floated out of dry dock. So first thing this morning I went to pick her up and asses the work carried out. Instead of using a main Audi dealer I'd used a local outfit that go by the unlikely name 'Fat Dubbers' but the service and approach I have to say was exceptional and I'll have no hesitation in recommending Ben and his excellent but small team to anyone with a VW or Audi. I've put a link on the right hand side to Fat Dubbers, only the deserving merit a place there.

     So I'll just leave you with a few pictures of our short break...


Just the views are worth visiting the Lakes..

Been here before but always love returning..


Cheeky little bugger this one...

Nelly takes the lead ...

Are we going out yet?

Bear doing what Bear does best....



Waterfall stepping through tree roots



Thought these Cormorants were just wood sticking up until zoomed in on the computer



     So there we have what me and the girls have been upto, best be playing catch up on t'other blogs in the next few days m'thinks, until the next time, take care....

John
     

24 comments:

  1. Lovely to see you back John, glad you had a good time. Your pictures are fab.
    Twiggy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful scenery John , love the one with the water running through the roots of the tree... thank you for sharing your adventure with us...bear and nelly look happy to be out and about. Take care * Bron

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its my favorite picture too Bron, even better seeing it for real though :-)

      Delete
  3. Glad you and Bertha are both better. Love the scenery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh Bertha may be better Mr. Smythe but I'm still work in progress.

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful part of the world. I've never ventured up to the lakes; one day maybe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think that you'd be disappointed Cro.

      Delete
  5. Stunning pictures John, I need to go on a good walk it clears the cobwebs and a good time to think and forget about everyday things. Glad Bertha is better. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SL, I'd almost forgotten the healing such walking brings.

      Delete
  6. Lovely photos, isn't that the house where the chap brought up his huge family?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks DC, yes I think it was a family of eight that lived there at one point! Wouldn't mind it myself.....if there were no other houses for at least ten miles!

      Delete
  7. I have stood at house over the river in Ambleside, John. Grasmere is my favourite place in the Lakes. Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave...Grasmere is lovely indeed.

      Delete
  8. Beautiful country. I was watching a program on the TV that we watch on a regular basis. It's called International House Hunters.This particular program was in your neck of the woods. They were looking for a house in Swansea. Anywhere near you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mark, I know that we look at distances in a different way to you over here, for me Swansea is miles away in South Wales...which isn't proper Wales anyway ;-)

      Delete
  9. Envious here too :) One of my favourite areas :) Great photos - I particularly like the waterfall through the tree roots too. I've seen Dippers on the river by the Bridge House in the past.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Robin, saw a Dipper last year at Grasmere so perhaps they are quite common to the area.

      Delete
  10. Beautiful John. Thanks for posting. Weather looks a bit dreary.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your home is so beautiful, John. I wish I could travel and see other lands. Since I can't at this point in my life, the next best thing is to visit vivaciously via my blog friends. Thank you for sharing!



    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment but no blaspheming now...