The extra bits...(Under construction).

Thursday, 5 March 2015

Blog walking update.....

     
Ok guys...Lets walk!!

     Greetings and salutations fellow earthlings, just another quick post to update you on 'Blog Walking', the blog that I'm hoping will allow walkers all over walk together at the same time yet in different parts of the world and then sharing their adventures on 'Blog Walking' , more on the idea can be found here. I'm updating here for now so as to hopefully reach a wider group of like minded folk.

      So the date I'm proposing for the first walk is Friday the 20th of March and Saturday the 21st. Yes I know that's two dates but to encourage folk to join me and that this approach would be a tad easier. I thought that allowing this for the first couple of walks or until a strong base of walking bloggers join in on a regular basis then this would be helpful.

     As for timing? well I think that initially that we should keep it quite flexible and just say for the time being that the walks will be occurring on mid to late afternoons. As for myself it looks likely that I'll be walking Friday afternoon but as to where I'm undecided. Hopefully this will be well supported by your good selves and that we will have many enjoyable walks 'together'.

     One further thought was that perhaps around the Autumn time before the nights draw in too much that if people enjoy 'Blog Walking' then perhaps a walking and social event could be organised where we could actually walk together for real and swap tall tales over a meal and some grog? Your thoughts on this?

     Oh 'Blog Walking' and its second post may be found here. Till the next time take care..

John

6 comments:

  1. Sounds great and I need to do some walking because I just seem to be working all the time. Since my dog passed away I've done very little, I learned and saw a lot of new plants in those good old days. Will keep those dates in mind

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walking be the perfect antidote to to much work Captain.

      Delete
  2. just fyi - friday is the 20th and saturday is the 21st - Ranee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bugger! Thank you Ranee I shall edit the post accordingly.

      Delete
  3. Saturday the 21st works for me...it will be the start of an eight day vacation I am treating myself to for my 40th (yikes!) birthday, which is March 23. I'm hoping to have a new computer by then. Ours died and typing on my tablet is no fun, and also I can't upload photos onto it. I will definitely take some pictures of my walk!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky you on an eight day vacation and congratulations upon your forthcoming birthday Jennifer, Be looking forward to 'walking with you'

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment but no blaspheming now...