The extra bits...(Under construction).

Thursday, 2 April 2015

Testing, testing, one, two, three ....

      After more than one comment upon my blog about posts being difficult to read being past by a certain Mr. Gray, have I spent many, many hours today adjusting, checking, realigning, searching for the perfect balance between readability and presentation and doing it all over time and time again to ensure that Mr. Gray is completely and utterly satisfied and content with the radical new presentation and hard worked at aura of sublime bloggeness? Errr no, not really cause I couldn't be arsed as I have a hundred and one other things to do so I have just spent marginally over two minutes changing the font and font color a tad so I hope he is able to at last read my posts without giving himself a headache.

      So who is this mysterious Monsieur Gray who dares to cast aspersions upon my most excellent (or not) scribing you ask? Ask you may, truth be told I have known John, and thats Mr. Gray to you mere mortals, for some considerable time now and a nicer person you are unlikely to find. But if you were to find him it is extremely likely you'd mistake him for some scruffy, getting on a bit, vagrant, with a weakness for scotch eggs and a patina of chicken poo decorating what may be loosely described as his everyday clothes. I have had the pleasure of meeting John and he is a true gentleman in every sense of the word and has the  most wonderful of blogs "Going Gently", found here. His own profile blurb sums it up very well....."Going Gently is the continuing story of my rural existence in a tiny Welsh Village. A former care nurse, I now spend my life with a patient husband, a houseful of dogs, a field full of animals and Auntie Glad's scones!".


     His insight and writing are truly a joy to behold at times and his blog is a must add, I feel, to anyone's reading list. If he doesn't write a book soon about his life in the close knit village of Trelawnyd it would be a sin as it would be certain to be a best seller. So if you haven't already paid his blog a visit then shame on you, it's like a ever creeping  fungus .....it grows on you.


    Just hope he can bloody well read this post and will now stop complaining about me poor old font.


Till the next time take care,


John


27 comments:

  1. Well, if you are taking complaints about your blog................................................................. It's actually quite OK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Had me worried there for a moment :-) then again constructive critic is always most welcome.

      Delete
  2. I love johns blog and yours heaps as well. I struggle to read white on black xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you froogs. My text is pale yellowish not white .....honest it is ;-)

      Delete
  3. I can read your font OK but I had to make a tribute post to your workshop today :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I've seen it PP ;-) well any publicity is good, so they say.

      Delete
  4. I never had any trouble reading you posts. Maybe his glasses were dirty, that is, if he wears glasses like us old Geezers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He does and they most likely are.. It is a bugger this ageing thingy ain't it.

      Delete
  5. For pure ease of readability, nothing beats black Times New Roman on a white background.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to agree Mr. Smythe but I like my black background as I think it enhances my photographs, and God knows they need all the help they can get!

      Delete
  6. Your blog always looks just fine to me, too. And I love Going Gently. I love all the Johns on my blogroll!!

    Hope you have a happy Easter weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jennifer, hope your Easter weekend is fun and happy too.

      Delete
  7. He sounds like a fussy ole bugger, wot wot. :) I've had issues too but it's been me own fault as I maximize any site. Though some may say buy a bigger monitor! Hardy har har, me thinks not. I choose to work around the issues. Maybe it's the time difference. ;) We'll see how that flies though we know men do complain more than women, about everything. Don't get me started on "man colds". :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You make me smile Cheryl, actually Mr. Gray is far from a fussy ole bugger but I hear you about man flu. Anyway we only complain more because nobody listens ;)

      Delete
  8. I also find it hard reading light text with black backgrounds, especially if I've been staring at my screen all day. But I read the ones I like to read, and if their colours are a bit much on the ageing eyes, I read those blogs when my eyes are better rested.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand Megan and reading off a screen tires my eyes far to quickly, as regards light on black it's a compromise because it helps my poor photos look a tad better. :)

      Delete
  9. He gets far too many comments; I'm always jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. All good!
    Font is fine and colours are good. ..
    Though sometimes the writing is larger in some paragraphs . Maybe that is intentional ? Overall John ,always enjoy reading your adventures and seeing your photo's. . Take care * Bron

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had a couple of previous comments about changing font size although it doesn't show here. Hopeful that you'll continue reading here Bron, you're always welcome.

      Delete
  11. Fairly new reader here, so I can can neither compare nor complain. I have to agree that ordinarily black type on white is best for readability, but you're done a great job making your text legible with the black background. Worst to read is light gray type on white in a teeny tiny font. (Thank heavens for ctrl +)

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lot easier on the eyes without the capitals! I always read the posts anyway, but I now get a bit less retinal flaring!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad it's improved for you my man.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Why Thank you John , you can always count on me to be around... :)
    You inspire myself and others ,keep up the good work ,always a pleasure to read your blogs .
    Bron * *
    Bron * *

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment but no blaspheming now...