The extra bits...(Under construction).

Sunday, 17 May 2015

Knackered ...

     Well after my last post it would appear that there are many like minded people as myself, that is to say grumpy buggers, who'd have thought it! Fortunately today's walk around Nercwys Forest was uninterrupted by people, well fortunately for other people I suppose. 

    In my efforts to get back on track to rid myself of this rotundness once and for all I have set a goal for myself, a thirty five mile walk within fifteen and a half hours. The walk is in aid of charity and is called the Llangollen Round Challenge (rather apt considering my shape) and takes place at the end of May. Well this year is totally out of the question in my present condition, or lack of condition that is, but in twelve months time that's my goal.

    So walks for me have taken on a more serious demeana hence, as I mentioned in the last post, the lack of photographs. Though I will also be taking time to walk the trails simply for pleasure as well and the camera will then accompany me. This being said I couldn't resist a couple of pics taken on my phone of Bramble trying to entice Nelly into some suspiciously murky water today..






     I'm afraid that 'Bramble the Mud Siren' failed in her mission and 'Nelly the Dry' survived unsoaked. 

    So there you have it from a thoroughly knackered John, a target has been set (bugger). I need to write up yesterday's walk alongside Llangollen canal, a leisure walk for George and myself without the terrible twosome. Oh and don't start about me leaving the two little buggers behind, a whole walk alongside water with the Bear? not a pleasure walk at all! I'll be writing it up tomorrow now and publishing on Blog Walking tomorrow evening m'thinks. But tonight a beef and kidney casserole that placed in the oven nearly six hours ago needs eating, then a very hot shower and then to bed m'thinks. Til the next time, take care.

John

18 comments:

  1. I love the last picture. Good luck with your goal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just so you won't feel bad, the older you get, the grumpier you get. It seems that with age comes intolerance for stupid people and God knows there are a lot of stupid people out there. Grump on Brother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you sure that wasn't some farmer's slurry pit?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not this time Cro, but please do not put such ideas in her head.

      Delete
  4. Good to hear that you enjoyed your walk with bear and nelly without any problems! Bear looks like she is happy and love that she is trying to get nelly in on the swim ....
    Goals are good John , will be looking forward to hearing about your progress towards the walk in may next year ,good luck!
    My motivation at the moment is to get over the most stressful 12mths I have ever had. ...and I will be staying positive !!!!!!
    Take care **
    Bron x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bron, I'm sorry to hear about your woes but having a goal, something to focus upon, does help m'dear.

      Delete
  5. Whenever I read your blog posts, I want to be there. I want to see that back yard. Those trails. The dogs. The beef and kidney stew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that you enjoy them Maria, tis so rewarding to receive such comments my dear.

      Delete
  6. I wish you luck, I've around Llangollen once, you've got the mighty horeshoe pass there! Good cycling country. If you are Chris Froome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tis good country to walk in Simon and the walk will take me to the Horseshoe pass on route.

      Delete
  7. Look forward to reading about your walking schedule John. I think making plans keeps the black dog away. Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Dave, having a target does indeed help in keeping her at bay.

      Delete
  8. Ha ha! Soggy Bramble would give Stinky Ted a run for his money I reckon! Good on you for setting yourself a goal....and telling us all about it, because now you'll have to keep going! :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bugger hadn't thought of that CT.....truthfully though that be the reason I mentioned here as the support from others is always helpful. As for Ted n Bramble perhaps a competition is in order?

      Delete
  9. Happy Birthday Mr Wooldridge! X

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment but no blaspheming now...