The extra bits...(Under construction).

Friday, 15 May 2015

Just not a 'people' person ....

     I do wonder sometimes whether or not I am actually part of the 'Human race' or in anyway related to it. For a start the 'Human race'? well I guess that sums it up in a way, everyone seems to want more and want it faster, bigger, more shiny and better than the Jones'. All I want is a stable mind, good & simple food and somewhere warm and loving to shelter from the storm. I just don't get this need for more, for gawds sake as a species we are the biggest parasite this world has ever known with scant disregard that we are killing off the planet that we actually need to live!

     And another reason that I question my belonging to this species is that I don't particularly like the vast majority of people and they in return don't like my attitude and bluntness, for an example allow my tell about you about walking the other day....


      Yes, I have once again started walking on a regular basis once more. I need to shift the weight and also exercise releases endorphins that raise one's mood. And yes I have wittered on countless times before about my rotundness and the need to exercise but once again I couldn't be arsed. The Black Dog can be very clever at preventing a person from fighting back at times, a true bitch if you like. So getting back on track, so to speak, I have been hitting the trails at Nercwys Forest accompanied by the terrible twosome. I deliberately leave the camera at home on these jaunts, not through 'can't be arsedness' but so that I am not stopping every so often to take photographs of the trail hence enabling me to set a steady pace the whole of the walk.


     I try and time my walks and plan the route to avoid people as much as possible and usually I come across very few soles upon the trails. For some reason though  the other day I must have got my timing totally arse about face as on my return leg I came across several families and single walkers outward bound. I managed to get away with the barest of good natured conversation or even just the odd friendly nod but then I was reminded why I am not a people person. Coming around a bend the terrible twosome and myself were confronted by a family more rotund than myself, three really yappy Yorkshire Terriers, a snappy little shit of a Toy Poodle (he's only playing, yeah right o hence his bared teeth then?) and bringing up the rear what I assumed to be a large Lurcher. As the group passed by without even a thank you or by your leave whilst I stepped aside with the terrible twosome in hand the Lurcher and sour faced owner were last to pass. Now I love Lurchers and their history so, out character I may add, I remarked "nice looking Lurcher". The lady in question (and I use the world lady in the loosest possible context) actually about turned and spat out " Lurcher? no young man this a Goldydoole not a pathetic Lurcher, and I'll also have you know that he was bloody expensive!". It was all I could do to keep smiling as I asked "a Goldydoole?". To which the battleaxe replied " if you knew anything about dogs young man you would know that he is a cross between a Golden Retriever and a Standard Poodle" 


     Now I must say that at this point I was sorely tempted to allow her a demonstration of my vast range of Anglo Saxon but taking pity on the bag I merely kept smiling  and left her with " why thank ye indeed madame for I didn't release he be a mongrel", and still smiling whilst she, open mouthed, fought for a cutting reply I turned on my heels and skipped back to the car.


      It begs the question why some people are not actually vetted before dog ownership? Till the next time, take care,


John

46 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness I enjoyed that. had a couple of incidents today where I had to deal with idiots. A mini victory for us all with your answer to that awful woman. Thanks thats really helped x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your reply was brilliant!
    I'm not much of a people person either, most are weird or grumpy or rude. I'm not sure how I worked in libraries for 10 years, ran a cub scout pack for nearly 20 years and have had a campsite for 22 years. I just wish for a quiet life without having to always be thinking about keeping people happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm afraid there would have been a murder or three if that had been me Sue, m'thinks you must have the patience of a saint.

      Delete
  3. There are a few tits around john , but most people, i think, are rather sweet...even you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shucks John you do say the nicest things.

      Delete
  4. On the road, in shops, walking down the pavement and there they are, people! Most of whom I find a nuisance! I can't relate to most people. We odd'ns are ok as we are, it's just the rest of them.,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Damn right Froogs, it's the other buggers.

      Delete
  5. Love your response John! Would have had tears running down my legs after that put-down! Keep your chin up X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Tracey, it certainly made my day x

      Delete
  6. Love your reply John - I must admit there are times when I much prefer the company of our 3 dogs then some people out there. I also don't get the fascination by some people for 'space' I love my little house but only last week a close family member told me that I need a bigger house as you need more 'space' as you get older! I replied what on earth for? More space means bigger heating bills doesn't it? She shut up then!.........you see why I prefer the company of dogs now! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes Trudie, dogs are far better company than the majority of humans. I'll never understand this inherent need for 'more' of everything.

      Delete
  7. Cracking response, would have loved to have seen her face. I usually find the dogs have more sense than the owners!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hazel, though Bramble (one half of the terrible twosome) is the exception to the more sense rule!

      Delete
  8. Good for you John... I bet she paid big money for that mutt too. Those Golde-doodles, Labra-doodles and other designer fashion mutts command a hefty sum over here. Amazing what some folks will do just to keep up with the Joneses. The one I want to see is the Chihuahua mixed with a Great Dane... should make for a giant mean guard dog with bulgy eyes and a bad attitude. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right Mr. Silvius, any cross with a combo name seems a must have these days. Though Chihuahua x Dane? Scary

      Delete
  9. oh, gawd! do NOT get me started on the people with their designer mongrels!! i can't quite decide which is worse -- the greed of the people "inventing" these things, or the stupidity of those who'll pay for them......*ahem*

    anyway -- i hear you on the people. the older i get, the less tolerance i have for the rude, grumpy and inconsiderate. i'm an aspiring hermit, after all. ;) and especially when i'm out in the wild places.....i prefer not to mingle with humans, they invariably harsh my mellow.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'Harsh my mellow' now I like that saying, fits the bill very well Mel. It is true that folk are so easily parted from their money by 'the latest thing' whether it be a exclusive 'new' breed of dog or anything else that they may boast about, all very sad m'thinks.

      Delete
  10. Good for you, I reckon you got the last word and a brilliant one at that! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ann, I have to admit at feeling a tad smug as I skipped away.

      Delete
  11. John, this made me smile. I also had an awkward moment where I live at the post box this week. I went all timid and stupid. I wish I had a cutting reply to the old bat.

    The best trick would be to teach your dog to p on the other dogs. My friends old dog used to do this on command. People didnt half get cross about it. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your friend has a wicked sense of humor Sol. It is so easy to be lost for words during 'awkward moments' Sol, I'm afraid that then I do sometimes resort to some cheery Anglo Saxon, though with a smile of course.

      Delete
  12. Good on you John ,great come back !
    And for those cross breed dogs there are to many around here ,the owners think they are both better than everyone else. Give me a full breed border collie or others any day.
    Love the company of my girl ,she has helped me through bad health and dark days for many years and still going strong. ..I know just how you feel when you say you would rather enjoy their company.
    I know where I would rather be living and its not here..but I am very grateful for all. .cheers!
    Bron*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here with Bear, I'd be lost without her mad antics. This unfortunately the way of the human ran wanting to feel more important and showing it with material things, sad that dogs now fall into this category.

      Delete
  13. That is so funny, I would have loved to have been a fly on the nearest tree!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers DC, I'm sure you would have enjoyed it.

      Delete
  14. Just found your blog. Well done for pointing out it was a mongrel (not that there's anything wrong with mongrels as such) - but people who part with ridiculous sums for them, call them some pathetic made up name and generally act as if they own some fantastic very rare and exclusive new breed are just idiots with more money than sense. Right now I'm not a people person either, given the opportunity I think I'd happily move to a desert island with just OH.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and welcome Sooze, yes there is absolutely nothing wrong with mongrels at all, in fact the terrible twosome are the first 'old breeds' that I've walked with in many years.

      Delete
  15. A very quick, and perfect reply to such a hideous sounding individual!
    I'm not much of a people person either, particularly as they seem to become more rude and selfish with each passing day. Maybe it's me and I'm less tolerant than I once was, but I'm sick of holding doors open for people who can't be bothered to say thankyou, sick of people walking 3 abreast on the pavement and expecting me to step into the road or nestle into a hedge to allow them to pass by whilst still joined at the hip. Only yesterday I saw a cyclist riding on a narrow pavement. A jogger was running, and his poor control of the cycle meant that she was pushed into the side of a bus which was stationary in a queue of traffic. Wanting to avoid such selfish, ignorant, thoughtless people must be one of the ' destructive issues' that someone who has read my blog has told me I have, based on a handful of sad/ angry posts out of the more than 700 I've written!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have hit the nail on the head Scarlet, manners cost nothing and a simple thank you goes a long way to lifting someone's day. So much 'self interest' these days is become very wearing on my patience.

      Delete
  16. Brilliant put down, I may keep that in a corner of my mind, just in case.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would have loved to have been there and seen the old bags face , have a great weekend x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a picture for sure HT, same to you for the weekend m'dear.

      Delete
  18. My Dad told me about a man who, when he encountered a snooty person with a pedigree dog, he would make a fuss of the dog then politely and innoently ask, "What cross is it?" (Light blue touchpaper and stand well back..)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like my type of person, thank you for sharing Attila

      Delete
  19. Fantastic response John.. sort of thing I'd have said :o) I too am not much of a people person and am a lot less tolerant of people now than I was, as is hubby. If we could win the lottery we'd like nothing more than to build a home in the middle of a field, miles from anyone, just us, our pets and nature.. Bliss!! Too many people are just plain greedy and want, want, want. I love the more simple life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The simple life is all I ask for Julie.

      Delete
  20. Thank you, thank you, thank you. You made me burst out laughing. I think you and I would get on fine. I, too, am not a people person. I can't even fit in at the chemo room where I am thoroughly poisoned every 3 weeks. They're a great natured bunch, all showing family photos and sharing funny diarrhea stories whilst I sit there and all I can think is that I want this to be over and done with SO badly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have followed your words for sometime now Maria and, though I don't often comment, your words lift me and also bring me sorrow. Such a wonderful person as yourself is a rare thing indeed my dear and for me to make you laugh is the highest praise I could ever wish for.
      Oh also knowing your sharpness of tongue and uncanny insight of life I also think we would get on fine lass. Love to you n Bing x

      Delete
  21. I've thought for years that I just don't `fit' and I know my hubby is even worse!! However, like John I also do rather like people and am quite a chatterbox, what a contradiction I am. I'm sure if I was in the school system these days I'd have lots of labels slapped on me :) I love your reply to the rude old bag John, good for you. I always seem to think of a cutting reply an hour after the event :)
    Twiggy

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you Twiggy, thing is I don't think I want to 'fit' anymore, just grow old disgracefully ;)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I hate the way that dogs are used as status symbols and fashion statements. And don't get me started on the advance of curmudgeonliness as one becomes older. My tolerance for twits (never high at the best of times) has reached rock bottom. Maybe that's why my favourite walk at the moment is our local cemetery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah m'thinks ye be a kindred spirit m'dear ;-)

      Delete

Feel free to comment but no blaspheming now...