The extra bits...(Under construction).

Friday, 21 August 2015

Cats n Dogs....

     Tis pissing down here in the village which is not the most auspicious start to my week off from the grind. But having said that any time away from the not so Fun Factory at the moment is more than welcome, inclement weather or not. Not saying that work is like a parachute at the moment but it is bloody well getting me down with the usual crap and mismanagement antics that plague the place, oops I'll be getting another slap on the wrists if one of the buggers reads this but then again I'm not sure that most of them can read that well anyway! Then to compound my "not a happy bunny" mood earlier today I dropped my new camera on the tiled kitchen floor....I just knew that I should have ripped up those original Victorian tiles and replaced em with some modern uber cushioned tacky Lino! The expletives were enough to turn a sailor's face red! Scared of looking at the irreparable damage my clumsy actions had caused I picked up the camera and just stuffed it into its lovely padded case...yeah I know closing the gate after the horse has bolted blah, blah and thrice blah.

     But tis not all been doom n gloom, have I told you that I am off work for a week? Also the final piece for project 'fish pond' was picked up from my friend Mr. Rogers yesterday and all shall be unveiled by the end of the next week (if it stops raining that be). Also Mr. Ball returned recently from a trip to Amsterdam where he was good enough to procure for me some delights for the garden....


    Trouble is as they await my attention stored away in the study they are giving off a thick aroma which I can only describe as the odor given off from a certain recreational drug! of course not that in my youth I had any experience of such things, ahem. M'thinks that I had best be getting them in the earth afore the neighbors become suspicious!

     With the pond almost finished and awaiting nine goldfish (don't ask) my attention is now wandering to other projects. Firstly I need to make a garden storage area, complete with living roof, which will allow me to complete the shed tidy up and also let me demolish the bloody horrible side building which stops me getting 'flat cap man's' car near the house. Secondly I am going to set up an aquarium in the study, something that has been on the wish list for some time, oh and thirdly I may just attack some of the growing list of jobs that my beloved George is amassing for me, I am rather running out of delaying tactics and excuses so m'thinks I'll have to earn some brownie points sometime soon.

     Oh and our holiday in Cornwall is looming upon the horizon, something to which we are looking for too with a passion...Lost gardens of Heligan (though they are sign posted!), Eden project, long walks on beaches, strolls around fishing villages and even the prospect of meeting friends from here in the blog world. Yep the holiday cannot come soon enough for us, including the terrible twosome.

       One last happy note, just before writing my usual drivel I was brave enough to check the camera out briefly...



      Unfortunately it seems to have contracted doggyitus. ;-) 

Til the next time, take care.

John

20 comments:

  1. Glad to observe that the camera survived its nose dive !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heligan and Eden are both lovely....I can't decide which I like the most. Probably Heligan.....but then Eden has ever-changing really interesting exhibits, and then there are the biomes.....So I like both equally, but for different reasons, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sooze, hopefully be seeing both plus a few more gardens down there.

      Delete
  3. Many a time you've mentioned the management at the "Fun Factory". Don't know if you know the Peter Principal or not, but here is the Wikipedia explanation:

    The Peter principle is a concept in management theory formulated by Laurence J. Peter in which the selection of a candidate for a position is based on the candidate's performance in their current role, rather than on abilities relevant to the intended role. Thus, employees only stop being promoted once they can no longer perform effectively, and "managers rise to the level of their incompetence."

    So your assessment is probably not wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for that Mark, I think Mr. Peter's analysis is bout right.

    ReplyDelete
  5. glad to hear the camera is unscathed -- still, it's an event worthy of blaspheme. ;)

    enjoy your time off -- like you said, even a rainy day off beats a day at work -- and it sounds like you've lots of lovely things with which to entertain yourself. you'll have to go back to work for a rest. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mel.... any type of day off beats a day at the grind m'thinks. Yep lots to do and I forgot to mention the allotment to boot....

      Delete
  6. I recently dropped my cheepo Fujifilm A200 (€70) onto concrete. Bits flew out everywhere, but I managed to get it all back together again, and IT STILL WORKS. Mine has a penchant for fruit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's that moment when everything seems to freeze for a moment that is the worst Cro. Then the Anglo Saxon gushes forth...

      Delete
  7. Hi John , hope you are able to make the most of your time off .
    Looking forward to seeing your fish pond finished and your new plants from afar once they have taken place and growing in the garden.
    Hope you enjoy your stay in Cornwall, where I didn't get to see but will be next time. ..Enjoy!
    Take care **
    Bron
    ( do you have a strap to hold on your camera?)
    So glad its not damaged..hello Bear and Nelly ..looking good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Bron ....yep I do have a strap on the camera, just wasn't using it duh!

      Delete
    2. Crikey that MUST be a good camera, I always have to put my strap on my wrist 'cos I'm a clumsy beggar all the time, I have no grip these days you see and struggle with jars and lids too. Enjoy your time off especially the Cornish break. I love Cornwall.... BTW I honestly have no idea what the famous weed smells like! I had a sheltered upbringing :)

      Delete
    3. Sheltered indeed PP ;-) The camera must have just landed on the only bit that bounced.....

      Delete
  8. Tis lovely this far darn sarf!! In glad the camera survived!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Had to read that twice then realised the ickle northern lass had gone all southern on me, enjoy your break m'dear. You are not the only one whose glad about the camera Rach!!

      Delete
  9. Glad to hear the camera escaped serious damage! Enjoy your week off - sounds like you have some exciting projects lined up :)

    So jealous of your holiday in Cornwall - would so love to revisit Eden and Lost Gardens of Heligan - both are superb :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Robin....looking at a couple of other gardens to visit whilst down there.......

      Delete
  10. Don't forget your passport when you cross the Severn bridge John. Oh yes and there are pirates in Penzance. Seriously. Have a great time. I love Heligan. I have fond memories of a visit there with my late parents. Hope you have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Dave, a few weeks afore I go but sounds like this old pirate will be right at home.

      Delete

Feel free to comment but no blaspheming now...