The extra bits...(Under construction).

Thursday, 31 December 2015

Summery....

     Greetings one and all who take the time to read my scribblings here upon 'Of Brambles and Bears'. Tis nearly the end of another year as I write and tis funny to think that my next post (if I can be arsed that be) will be next year, unless that is the guinness gets a hold of me and I am inspired to drunkenly put the world to rights later this evening.

     Tis been a year of huge ups and downs with the start of the year being a time of extreme darkness for myself and without the understanding and support of my George I shudder now to think where I may have ended up. As some of you may indeed know the Black dog holds sway over my mind and has in the past taken me to the very point of taking my life, but there are two ladies in my life to whom I owe a massive dept, Bramble for being there that day when the dog was about to win and shining like a beacon of light when the darkness all but snuffed my light out completely and my George for taking me in, supporting and loving me through the deepest of my despairs and showing me that life is again worth living. 

     The Fun Factory once again proved to be a place that I should really make an effort to put behind me in the coming months and no this is not a bloody resolution. Firstly being demoted, although of course this was spun as 'harmonisation' kicked me in the nether regions and secondly the new shift structure starting January adding to the pressure of the workplace and, in my opinion, will only drag factory morale and productivity down. But hey ho on the bright side being 'harmonised' has given me less responsibility and the kick up the arse needed to at least look over the fence at pastures new.  

     Yes the Dog has been ever present this year and I think I have been more aware of the bitch stalking me than in the past. This I feel is a good thing whereas before I had no idea of my darkness and just existed now I at least realised when she closes upon me and can try to fight her attacks and outpace her for awhile. The year has also been one of some highlights too.....

      Compromise garden's pond was constructed and stocked with plant and fish, and also received its first Dragon (quite apt being in Wales)....



     
     A wonderful holiday was had in Cornwall where 'friends not yet met' became 'friends for life', (the wonderful Tracy and Keith that be)....









      Not forgetting the small world created in my aquarium that proves as restful to my mind as anything....




      Oh and the latest girl in my life who now has her own blog...


     So not too bad a year in an up and down sort of way. As I have touched upon in recent posts I am becoming more aware of and practising 'living in the here and now', trying to let the past have less effect and not worry too much about what the future holds, it is not an easy thing to do but when it happens it certainly helps. Speaking of the future there is a holiday booked for New Zealand, tickets bought for AC/DC in the spring, extension plans for Compromise garden, a germ of an idea for a career change and a rust bucket of a car to get sorted and on the road.....should be a good year me thinks.

     Tonight we shall curl up by the open fire and sip some black nector to say farewell to 2015 and welcome in the coming year. All that is left for me then is to wish you all every happiness in the coming New Year and take damn good care of yourselves, hope to see you next year my friends,

John

16 comments:

  1. A wonderful post to read, John; I feel that you are in a more uplifted and hopeful frame of mind. If your efforts at peeking further over the fence to find another way of earning your daily bread continue, then 2016 can be a very good year for you.
    The garden, the aquarium, the Moggy - all projects to provide you with food for thought and to see great improvements as a reward.
    I sincerely wish you all the very best for the coming year and look forward to following your blog as you blossom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope 2016 will be a good one for you with all the things you hope for.
    Keep blogging, keep well and find a better job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A heartfelt post parts of which echo my own year. I wish you all a healthy New Year and joy with your rusty woman as well as George.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy reading your blogs John and wish you all the very best in 2016.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And the same to you and George! That is a lot of ladies in your life:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New year old bean , hoping 2016 will be a cracker xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. John a very Happy New Year.
    Give a hug for me to your faithful companions.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy new year to you. Having just found you this year, I look forward to reading more of your posts and seeing your wonderful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. As I write this you have about 2 1/2 hours until 2016. Happy New Year John.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That dolmen is the most perfect I've ever seen! All the best for 2016, Cro x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy New Year! Sounds like you have some great plans for 2016!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy New Year John! I'm glad that I found you here. It's great to know a fellow writer, read their beautiful stories, exchange thoughts and encourage each other. You have wonderful, amazing pictures and writings! =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your pictures as always John. Hoping that 2016 will be a turning point for you in any number of ways.

    Blein Vie Noa! - TB

    ReplyDelete
  14. All the best to you this year John. One day at a time. And I want to see frogs in your pond this spring :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. With the right surroundings, your chances are very good that 2016 will be alright, man. Looks good from where I'm standing. All the best.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment but no blaspheming now...