The extra bits...(Under construction).

Thursday, 17 December 2015

Til the next post ....

     Tis been a mixed year for yours truly, full of good intentions, unfinished projects (a lot of unfinished projects!), the Black Dog (of coarse), an expanding waistline (see good intentions), a garden that has surpassed expectation, a Morris Minor that was not 'as sold', a wonderful holiday in Cornwall, a really shite 3 months off work with the Dog, a distinct lack of walking (re expanding waistline!), a set of ever decaying knees (re a distinct lack of walking), a far better than expected 50th birthday, the aquarium set up and thriving, a new devotion to making lists, selling more on E bay than spending on it (remarkable I know), joined a gym against my better judgement (been twice), no new ink (a thousand curses) and a thousand other ups and downs.

      The upshot of this turbulent year? well I'm not to bloody sure to be honest. I'm finding it a tad easier to live with myself as the guilt of passed days does not weigh quite as heavy as before, the list of projects has been whittled down to just a couple, one small one and one 'minor' one and I am finally coming to terms with who I am instead of perhaps searching for the 'me' that I have wrongly pictured in my mind. 

     The future? who knows what tomorrow brings but hopefully it'll be a little easier. One thing for sure is that I'm not looking to the future too hard nor am I looking behind me as intensely as I used too, I'm just living in the moment and it's not too bad a thing to do m'thinks. 

     I wish you all the best for Christmas and the New year my friends and I'll see you on these pages next year.

John

18 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas John, and my very best wishes to you for the New Year. See you in 2016!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear from you John, two projects is quite sufficient me thinks.... :)
    Here's wishing you and yours well for 2016 and all the very best to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very positive look on who and where you are now. Hope 2016 is better all round. Have a good Christmas and New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Christmas and New Year to you too :o) Glad to hear that all is well x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing you well John, and sending you very warm seasonal greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I intend to curb my project list next year, the dog has not been too vicious this year so I am pretty much unscathed. After a November which allowed me a mere 2 walks and none so far this month I am at the very top of my weight zone, any more and i will either have to go native and wrap up in a blanket or buy more clothes. have the best Christmas that you can manage and hopefully there will be less of both of us next year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merry Christmas John and A Happy and Peaceful Year in 2016 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Friend. We will see you on the other side.

    Lhiats, TB

    ReplyDelete
  9. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have a lovely, lovely Christmas, John and may 2016 be an especially good year for you.
    Here's to sunny summer days and bowling along in that Moggy if you can get it to 'driveable' stage by then - and if you and yours get down to Cornwall again, I'm always ready for a meeting for coffee and a natter. Rosemary x

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've certainly been a busy boy this year. Have a wonderful Christmas. Don't know if the movie has hit over there across the pond, but "May the Force be with you".

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good to hear from you John and see you after the hibernation! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A very Happy and Merry Christmas to you John. Focus on the positive laddie. May 2016 bring you peace and comfort. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Christmas John. hope 2016 is good to you. Sol

    ReplyDelete
  15. Merry Christmas, John. May you and yours have a happy, healthy 2016. I'm looking forward to hearing your tips for reducing waistlines next year ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Enjoy the now and don't overwhelm yourself with too many projects. You will get more satisfaction from completing one or 2 at a time.
    To your and yours have a very happy Christmas and new year.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hope you'll have a nice time over the holidays:) I prefer living in the moment too; the future is too scary (or depressing) and the past is often too painful...! All the best!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment but no blaspheming now...