The extra bits...(Under construction).

Wednesday, 27 January 2016

Fighting syrup .....

     Life can be a tad strange at times, especially in the mind of one that is overshadowed by the Black Dog. Now don't get me wrong I'm not down or anything like the mess I have been in past years with a mind like unset jelly and the motivation of a small saber toothed tiger that has just eaten a very large mammoth, tusks, tail and all. No I'm not down just.....well I don't know really, I guess 'can't be arsed' might fit my mood of late but that is not entirely true being as I have been doing chores around the house and garden, eating well (but only a tad more healthy), work is ok, well 'ok' in as it still sucks but I'm handling it fine, the terrible twosome are still terrible and life in the village trundles along yet something is amiss and I cannot for the life of me put my podgy little finger on it. I know my George feels something is awry as every now and then she looks at me kind of funnily and asks if I'm ok, fine I always reply but we both know that that's not fully truthful but I'll be buggered if I know what.

     It's not the cold snap in the weather, to be honest I enjoy cold winter's days more than stinking hot summer ones. It's not the financial malaise that I have been trying to put to rights over the last few months as there is light at the end of the tunnel upon this front (even worked some bloody overtime at the Crap Fun factory!) I guess it is just part of my make up that the Black Dog has left me with in that my mind is not truly my own, well that sucks!

     I am definitely trying to fight my way out of this syrup that has engulfed my mind though and have started looking to plan things for the year ahead. Things that myself and my George can look forward too...soooo here is a list of what is in the pipeline for 2016 so far....


  • A trip to New Zealand (already booked).
  • Mike Peters in concert (Booked).
  • AC/DC in concert (Booked)
  • A walk for charity up Snowdonia (yes booked as well, gulp).
  • Major changes to Compromise Garden.
  • Working on Rusty (of course).

     So a short list so far but hopefully it will grow and help release me from this malaise I find myself struggling against. Of course it does not have to be a major event or challenge to stimulate the mind, the smallest of things can make a difference, and those who know me also know that it is the simplest of things that bring me the most joy. Things like sitting by a roaring fire on the coldest of nights, eating a good rich hotpot when coming in from a bloody freeze the balls off a brass monkey walk, sitting quietly in the woods and watching wildlife move pass me as if I belonged there, fishing on the banks of a river without another soul in sight all day, holding my George close and feeling her heartbeating next to me.....so yeah there are lots of simple things to take pleasure in and help keep the dog at bay, sometimes though I just need to remind myself of them and writing them here does help. So thank you for your indulgence whilst I witter away but this blogging m'larkey sometimes just helps this rotund welshman find a little perspective and keeps the Bitch at bay.


Until the next time, take care...

John
     

22 comments:

  1. Good to see you back again John and yes you were missed. In my mind I thought perhaps you were on a skiing holiday or ice skating in the Pennines :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a great list of things to look forward to, John. I hope the lengthening days start to lift your spirits. That usually helps me a lot. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do look forward to the longer days Jennifer though winter walks are good along with warm hearths and hearts to come in from the cold too.

      Delete
  3. A friend of mine used to hug trees when she didn't feel 'right', obviously when out on walks. It can be a tad annoying not being able to put your finger on something but at the same time, being able to realise something is amiss is good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tree hugging? mmmm not tried it but does sitting with your back against an old oak watching wildlife pass by count m'dear?

      Delete
    2. I'm sure just being in contact would be good.

      Delete
  4. I get days when i feel like that too..... they soon pass

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm afraid that it's more like weeks than days for me Cherie, but agreed they do pass.

      Delete
  5. Churchil escaped his black dog
    So will you x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think the constant rain helps anyone to feel good, John, but I do notice that your posts now seem to be more upbeat than previously. Your 'to-do' list might be short, but there's plenty to do within it, so don't be too quick to add to it and over-stretch yourself. Roll on longer daylight hours (and they are definitely coming!) and sunshine in which to laze and watch the world go by. Personally, I can't wait for a sunny, dry day when I can load my dog into the car, along with a picnic and a book then head for somewhere quiet and beautiful. Aaaaaahhhhhhh . . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True the rain has become a tad tiresome, the list will grow some more as I feel that setting myself goals and stuff to look forward to keeps my mind off past events. As for your picnic, that certainly sounds like a plan ;-)

      Delete
  7. It's nice to have things to look forward to. ..thats what helps me when I am feeling a little lost .. Enjoy!
    Bron * *

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed it is Bron, thank you for stopping by my dear x

      Delete
  8. Your welcome John !
    I also have a few things I would like to achieve this year so looking forward to seeing more of the outdoors and taking in some of the great scenery ..a few open air concerts at the wineries also . .(Hunter Valley ).Take care * * Bron x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your list is huge compared to ours which is just - Move House and beat Cancer!
    I also think you sound much more up beat about everything so I reckon you'll soon climb out of that black hole again. Good luck with the walk up Snowdon sounds too much like hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a pretty impressive schedule you've got going there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi John I've been missing from blog land for a little while so catching up. You have some great things to look forward too in 2016. I also like your list of simple things too..especially watching the wildlife going by :o) A friends husband and son did a walk for charity up Snowdon in 2014.. they thoroughly enjoyed it, I'm sure you will too :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi John. When we moved into the new house there were so many things we wanted to do it became overwhelming. So we backed off and made a list (like yours), but only put three on it. Once one is complete, another is added. A list of three is much more doable than a list of ......................... But what I see of yours it only looks like you have two. The garden and Rusty. The rest are fun things, well maybe except the walk one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like your KISS (keep it simple, stupid) list in your last paragraph. To my mind, that's where it's at. All that other stuff is icing on the cake. You make a pretty good hobbit.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment but no blaspheming now...