The extra bits...(Under construction).

Sunday, 10 April 2016

Change be in the air....

     Sometimes the Black dog has a habit of biting one's arse when one is least expecting it. At the moment I am suffering one such attack, though relatively mild in nature. Tis been brought on again by a culmination of 'triggers' with the main one I feel being a chain of events happening at work since last year. I shall not divulge the nature of said events for though I like to talk, or write upon occasion, I am not one to gossip about such things. I say mild in nature because fortunately with the help of my beloved George the signs have been read before the dark bitch dragged me into a hole from which it would be difficult to escape. Suffice to say that I have taken some leave of work and I am hoping that some changes may be implemented there to ease my situation a little, after all 12 hour shifts are bad enough when you're in a happy place, not that anyone would dare associate being happy with me!

     There is another change upon the horizon as 'flat cap man's' car is due to be changed....



      And why rid myself of a perfectly good car? well in a earlier post I talked about simplifying my life by cutting down on projects and the like enabling myself just to concentrate upon a few things and doing those things well. So, as mentioned in the same earlier post, walking, fishing and gardening are becoming my main focus with perhaps a little cider brewing (of course) and 'flat cap man's' car is really not suitable as she's only a hatchback with little room unless the rear seats are folded down for creatures such as this....





      ......plus the outdoor gear that is now becoming necessary as I start to explore trails further into the wild areas of these isles. 'FCM's' car is not really that at all, in fact with an engine remap taking her BHP to 210 and a performance that has put many a sports car to shame as well as a massive grin on my ugly mug in doing so, she is quite the wolf in sheep's clothing. But I need something bigger and proper flat cap wearing, so I've been viewing cars but with no joy at the moment (having a limited budget does not help) but by the time you read this  today I shall be looking at something most definitely deserving of the title 'flat cap man's' car....


  
       Perhaps a tad posh but what the hell if it fits the bill....

Til the next time take care,

John the down

Oh I almost forgot, an easy thing when the dog bites, I have started a new blog up on Wordpress hopefully something a little different from my usual rambleings.. the link be here  https://wooly2165.com/

15 comments:

  1. Don't do it. You'll only saddle yourself with more baggage to carry. Come to your senses. Besides remember previously you mentioned your inclination for assuming expenses you later regretted. DO NOT GO THERE. You don't need the trouble. This is not the time for such frivolities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah Mr. Silvius I fear you have missed the point or perhaps I have not explained myself clearly enough. The change of transport is part of my plan to hopefully allow me to lead a steadier, less stressful lifestyle and some clear thinking on my part has gone into this change. I thank you for the concern my friend but I assure you there is nought to be worried about concerning this change.

      Delete
  2. Good to hear that although the dog still likes an occasional bite, it's now more like a nasty nip, tempered by the lovely George and yourself recognising the cause and dealing with it.
    Enjoy your time away from work; I hope things have been sorted by the time you return.
    Off to see the new blog > > > > > > > > >

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rambler, indeed the dog is ever present but having George at my side helps more than my words can express. I hope you like t'other blog though it is still a 'work in progress'.

      Delete
  3. Ha ha! Flat cap chaps drive Mercs? Well I never.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed they do Simon, indeed they do.

      Delete
  4. I recall long ago the Audi being referred to by motoring journalists as the poor man's Mercedes, John :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah remember that too, yet I cannot for the life of me remember where from my good man!

      Delete
  5. Nice Mercedes. Not sure if my comment out on the other blog is there. I have problems with Wordpress. If it's not there, let me know and I'll email it or post it here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mark, couldn't see any comment but Wordpress is still like going into the unknown for me. Hope you liked my 'work in progress'.

      Delete
    2. So far so good. What the comment was is that I'm a big fan of Ragnar Lothbrok. The Vikings on the History Channel. My kids are decedents because of their mothers Danish heritage.

      Delete
  6. LOL by bigger I was thinking like SUV sized. Maybe a range rover or something. Four wheel drive is always nice :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started by looking at SUV's PP but to honest I wouldn't use them fully enough to warrant buying one, the majority of 'off roading 4x4's get over here is kerbing em at the supermarket! So I'm looking at a bit of luxury in my dotage, with a decent boot of course ;-)

      Delete
  7. Enjoy the break from work John and good luck with the new car. The new blog is looking good and interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Robin, though I'd rather be at work than fending off the dog. Glad you like the work in progress ;-)

      Delete

Feel free to comment but no blaspheming now...