The extra bits...(Under construction).

Thursday, 23 June 2016

My favorite chair...

     I guess all of us need that 'escape' from the world at some point during our lives. Sometimes it happens rarely other times almost daily. At the moment for me it is required far to often as I continue to learn to manage living a life with the 'bitch noir'. There is one spot in particular where I spend my time letting my thoughts become becalmed from the madness that is modern life....


     ....this be my favorite chair and it sits under the shade of a beautiful Japanese Acer tree in my little garden. From here, as I sup yet another cup of tea, I get to see and hear all sorts of flora and fauna as my attempt of encouraging wildlife in a suburban setting that is 'Compromise Garden' matures.....


     Perhaps this 'mess' is not for the 'perfect lawn brigade' or connoisseurs of 'proper gardens' but from just one vantage point, my favorite chair, the tiny vistas are stunning as the eye discovers something different and special at every turn of the head....


Bees are more than abundant in Compromise garden

Preening after a bathing in the pond's waterfall

Sometimes mithering Spaniels are left t'other side of the garden gate



The hint of a Goldfish underneath t' pond lily

The gentle sound of the waterfall allows the mind to drift
      These are just a few glimpses of what may be seen or heard from my favorite seat, Damselflies are visiting, frogs are now establishing themselves and the smells that waft around from the multitude of insect attracting plants is intoxicating. Even if you do not understand that as a species we will die out if we keep destroying the natural world surely you can see see the benefits of having your own 'Compromise garden'? And if you are unsure of how to go about it drop me a line because if I can help you make suburbia become more encouraging to nature then I'll be more than glad to help.

Til the next time take care,

John

11 comments:

  1. Very pretty with your busy early bumblebees! Looks very restful. My parents' place is similar

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful John. I'm not surprised it's your favourite. Do you even occasionally 'rest your eyes' there? X

    ReplyDelete
  3. John I love it,to me this looks like a peaceful place,a little bit of heaven,it's beautiful! Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful garden, John! It's absolutely to my taste. I wish I could see it in person, and have a cold cider with you and George out there. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely to see pictures of your garden getting more established month by month. What you have done is brilliant

    ReplyDelete
  6. absolutely lovely pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Compromise garden has turned out fabulous. I could have something like that if I could just keep the weeds at bay. At this point I'm happy just keeping the hill behind the house from flowing INTO the house. On the other hand, the Zucchini are producing their little hearts out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks like a perfect spot to sit and your garden looks fantastic - I favour the wilder garden too! The lawn at this house is full of clover, buttercups, self-heal, trefoil, meddick and a few others and I love it (so do the bees) but I don't own it so it's never allowed to grow for long sadly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. what an absolute vision of loveliness!!! you've created a glorious oasis - for both the human and the non-human people. *happy sigh* xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks perfect to me. Those gardens with perfect lawns and perfect edges and perfect borders filled with perfect flowers are for tourists; not for owners.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment but no blaspheming now...