The extra bits...(Under construction).

Thursday, 27 October 2016

From the depths of hibernation.....

     Like a sleepy Hedgehog blinking at the thin Spring sunlight as he clears his den of rotten leaf litter my mind has begun to clear and for the first time in perhaps decades I finally see what is in front of me and the path I am to follow. I do not intend being cryptic with my words nor do I quest for attention, far from it. I am at last beginning to understand the route that lead me into the lair of the Black Dog and although I must always now watch my step I truly believe that I at least can now hold my own against her.

     I have not written here for some time and I wondered as to whether or not I should for reading my previous posts I can clearly see a person reaching out for something that they could never truly grasp and hold on to. But I enjoy the act of writing  and so shall continue to do so, but without the dreams of becoming a best selling author, a healer of those affected by the 'Dog' or any other images of myself I may have had m'thinks! At the end of the day I am what I am, nothing more and nothing less.

     So you may well see a change in the feel of this blog as I ask questions of, and tell the tales of my life, past and present. So be warned, the 'Hog' has awoken, and not before time....





18 comments:

  1. Sir, you and I are on the same path. I came to the same realization about my writing not two days go. Connected at the psychi brain, we are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed TB it would appear to be so, though I fear my brain is the better looking my friend.....

      Delete
    2. No quarrels there. Mine is a complete wreck.

      Delete
  2. When our hedgehogs are getting ready to go to sleep, you wake up! The hoglets have been very active at night recently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh the irony is not lost on me Simon.

      Delete
  3. Good to see you posting again, John. I've been wondering about you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jennifer, I've been wondering about myself as well lately ;-)

      Delete
  4. Good to hear. Why don't you send vibes eastward over the pond so a certain someone I know may be so inflicted?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Umm. West over the pond...see what I mean?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see your point Casey my good man, perhaps you need to go a hunting them darn ducks for a start?

      Delete
  6. In the end, all we can really hope for is a godly, pleasant and worthwhile life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know about 'godly' Mr. Smythe unless tis a northern god but I agree with a pleasant and worthwhile life, and perhaps to add peaceful to the mix.

      Delete
  7. Good to see you back John. I missed your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Dave, though you may not miss my future posts :)

      Delete
  8. I am glad to hear that we will be hearing more from you. I, like others, have missed your posts and even with a change in style, I look forward to reading more about who John really is. Especially if it helps in some way to keep the "black dog" at bay. Stay strong, my friend. You will overcome. Ranee (MN) USA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ranee, your words are truly appreciated.

      Delete
  9. Good news John. Let's hope that bloody dog stays where it belongs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can only hope so Cro, though I feel now better equipped to deal with the bitch than at any other time.

      Delete

Feel free to comment but no blaspheming now...