The extra bits...(Under construction).

Monday, 20 March 2017

Bittersweet....

     You know sometimes when you horde something because "it'll come in useful someday"? Well perhaps you don't but I'll lay a pound to a pinch of salt that if you are a man reading this then the answer will most definitely be in the affirmative. With the likely-hood of relocation from our four square Victorian high street home to a small 1960's one and a half bed-roomed bungalow looking slightly more optimistic I've decided to unburden much of my hoard onto the dreaded flea-bay. Whilst holding each item and mulling on whether it will indeed enrich my life or be even of some vague  use so I can justify the keeping of it I feel the bittersweet pull of discovering forgotten treasure but also the gleam of greed that this item may help fund my next purchase for my business adventure. I'm having to confess that I am becoming a victim of my own success with the business and more, expensive, machinery is required in the not too distant future. The problem is though, even being optimistic, that my finances are dire at best with money seemingly leak like bilge water from a torpedoed and rotten sailing hulk, I think the word I am looking for is 'bugger'.

     Another bitter pill regarding the success of said venture is that I am giving up the allotment as there is genuinely no time whatsoever to tend it. Already I have re-located the cider trees and also the Cowslips will be found a new home. It has given my some spare hand tools that I'd left there including wooden handled ones that I prefer to use on a daily basis...


     ....but still not enough to clear the pang of regret in giving plot A2 up, bugger again m'thinks.

     One thing I have done, being the old pirate that I am is to add a donation button to me blog. All donations will be used to help my adventure in trying to convince the suburban population of these fair isles to encourage more wildlife into their gardens, who knows in years to come I may be partially responsible for and upsurge in urban areas of our native wildlife...

til the next time, fare thee well on the winds of life,

John

7 comments:

  1. I understand your feelings, having parted with most of my own hoard merely to put foof on the table. Things are looking up a bit around here, though. I pray your venture meets with the utmost success.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Though not myself religious (unless you count the Northern Gods) I thank you for your prayers Mr. Smythe. I'm pleased that things are looking up a bit around there.

      Delete
  2. Let's see, what was it you said? "it'll come in useful someday" I have a whole garage full of "it'll come in useful someday", BUT I sold all my "stuff" once and won't ever do that again. Might need it some day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh I once said 'never again' to ridding myself of my carefully collected hoard, but needs must when the devil drives Mark...

      Delete
  3. I'm a terrible hoarder, and need to throw so many things away. Need a massive shredder as well, I find keeping tidy very very difficult.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny enough a massive shredder is one of the items that the business adventure yearns for, but one that can handle 3" plus diameter branches and not the office type.

      Delete
  4. I think a great many of us have that problem John. I am not better than any one else - turns out those "items" have a great deal of emotional baggage that goes with them.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment but no blaspheming now...